” A Pale Green Mermaid Blog “
Veggie tea sandwiches!!
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Serving: 2 People
Whole grain bread and meaty sundried tomatoes give this grilled cheese variation delectable tastes and textures.
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained, chopped
- 4-ounces shaved Manchego or Jarlsberg cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spread one side of each slice of bread with butter; spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two slices of bread, butter side down, in skillet and sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese; top with remaining bread, buttered-side out.
- Press sandwiches with a spatula and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottom of sandwiches are lightly browned. Flip, lightly press, and cover skillet with lid. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and both sides of sandwiches are lightly browned.
Try this delicious recipe for grilled brie and apple sandwiches.
- Thinly sliced tart, crisp apple
- Thinly sliced raisin bread (or raisin pecan sourdough bread)
- Thinly sliced butter
- Heat a griddle over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, butter the outsides of two pieces of bread. Layer brie and apple on the inside.
- Place on the griddle and cook until the brie has begun to melt and the outer sides of the bread are crisp and lightly browned.
with a salad!!!
A Waldorf salad is a salad generally made of fresh apples, celery and walnuts, dressed in mayonnaise, and usually served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal. More at
Happy meal time !